UX Designer Intern
Airfox's mission is to provide emerging markets with access to capital and financial services. Through an Android app launched in Brazil in February of this year, unbanked and underbanked consumers are able to make money transactions using their smartphone. Airfox has offices in Boston and São Paulo.
Airfox is looking for a UI/UX designer with a rock-solid visual design sense to join our rapidly growing team in Boston. The focus of this position will be primarily UI Design. Working alongside UX and the rest of the product team, you'll lead the creation of an elegant UI, from compelling visuals to system-level design elements. You'll also feel comfortable developing, managing, and continuously improving on visual design libraries. You'll be a crucial member of the team as you work to present complex financial products in a clear, trustworthy, and relevant way for our audience of under banked users in Brazil.
- Skilled in a mix of design tools and able to learn new ones (we used Figma and Illustrator)
- Ability to articulate rationale for UI decisions and champion the voice of the user in design conversations
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with constantly changing priorities
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented. No email is lost or deadline is missed
- A team superstar, working seamlessly with others and diffusing heated situations
- Empathy, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to work respectfully and effectively with diverse populations
- Fintech experience and/or experience with comprehensive UI redesigns is very nice to have
- Competitive hourly pay - negotiable
- Flexible work schedule and ability to occasionally work from home
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing design team with a focus on personal growth
- Casual work attire
- Location in Downtown Boston